March 23, 2018
Future Leaders Awards
IEPA wishes to encourage early career researchers and clinicians to continue to work in the field of early intervention. To coincide with our international conference, we have made available two awards.
Eligible applicants will have completed their most recent degree (masters, PhD, MD, MBBS, nursing qualification, DClinPsych, etc.), post-doctoral fellowship, residency training or clinical fellowship within the last 5 years. The awards are aimed at those who have not yet reached a senior clinical or academic role.
- The application should be a current IEPA Member as at 31st December 2017.
- The applicant should be within five years of completing their most recent degree or clinical training program and NOT yet holding a substantive senior clinical or academic position (e.g. not currently at full time professorial or clinical consultant level).
- We recognize that individuals may have started their training at different ages and/or had career breaks. As such, there is no fixed age range for applications.
Your application will be rejected if it arrives after the deadline or it fails to meet the basic requirements regarding font (11-point minimum) and word limits.
Please submit a written application by 23 March 2018 to email@example.com. The submitted documentation should comprise of the following:
- A front sheet with your name, date of birth, postal and email addresses, and details of your IEPA membership (number/status)
- A brief statement of intent (maximum 500 words) explaining why you are applying for the award, your career plans and how the award would help you towards this goal, and in what ways you are becoming a leader in the field of early intervention in future. Please provide objective evidence and metrics where ever possible; this may duplicate evidence provided in the curriculum vitae, below.
- An up-to-date, abridged curriculum vitae (maximum of 3 pages; minimum font 11), this should include details of your qualifications, your current post, and a list of up to 5 key achievements (minimum=1; maximum=5) that highlights your work in early intervention e.g. evidence of your clinical expertise in the field; relevant publications on a topic related to early intervention
- A brief letter of support (maximum 350 words) from a sponsor who can attest to your work in early intervention.
Submit the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE: 23 March 2018
All applicants will be notified by 27th April 2018.